How our clinic is keeping patients safe from COVID-19
- We are providing extra training for staff and education for patients about the importance of hand hygiene, facemasks, face shields, respiratory hygiene, and cough etiquette. Tissues, alcohol-based hand sanitizer, and trash cans will be provided in the waiting area and treatment area.
- We are monitoring all staff for symptoms of COVID-19.We are instructing staff who have symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches, tiredness) to stay home and not come to work.
- We are monitoring patients and visitors for symptoms of COVID-19. We will reschedule patients with symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath during confirmation and arrival.
- We are prepared to quickly identify and separate patients with symptoms of COVID-19. All patients will be screened upon entry to the clinic and instructed to continue wearing their cloth face covering (or offered a facemask, if available). Patients with above symptoms will be asked to leave.
- We are training staff about proper use of personal protective equipment for COVID-19. You may see a change in the personal protective equipment (i.e. face shields, masks, gloves) that staff are asked to wear.
- We are continuing our routine cleaning and disinfection procedures as these procedures are recommended for protecting patients from COVID-19. Any surface, supplies, or equipment located within the clinic will continue to be disinfected or discarded.
- We are restricting visitor access to only those who are essential for the patient’s care. Visitors will be screened for fever and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to entry. Visitors will be asked to wear their cloth face covering and limit their movement in the facility.
- We are encouraging patients and staff to share all questions and concerns related to COVID-19. We are staying up-to-date with the latest information from CDC’s COVID-19 web page: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.